Rich, moist and delicious! Your home will be filled with the most incredible aroma!
Read on to see the recipe.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup (packed) brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened (or margarine)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp Cardamom powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream or yogurt
nut mixture: 1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, 1/8 cup brown sugar (packed), 1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven at 350 F. Butter/oil a bread pan.
1. Beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy. Then beat in Eggs & vanilla.
2. Mix together dry ingredients (except nut mixture).
3. Alternate adding a third of the dry mix into the wet mixture, with parts of the sour cream, until everything is just blended (don't overmix).
4. Pour half the batter into the bread pan, then cover with the nut mixture. Finally pour the remainder of the better on top.
5. Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour, or until an inserted toothpick or fork comes out clean.