So I finally found the beauty up here in Kuujjuaq, and my oh my is it ever beautiful.
The air was crisp and cold today, but the sun was shining brightly (the first time since we've arrived). So we borrowed some bicycles and rode out of the village after work this afternoon. Kuujjuaq is right at the Arctic Tree Line, and in the distance all you can see is barren tundra. It's really quite amazing.
(these trees are called Stunted Spruce... because it's too cold for them to grow to full height)
I hope you have a lovely long labour day weekend. Here are some fun links:
- Have you seen this amazing Arcade Fire interactive video?
- What do you think about heavy knit sweater walls?
- Love this brief guide to life
- I'm seriously craving these chocolate wonders
- a few feel good posters
- now this is a smart bath tub!
- And now a video by Land of Talk: Quarry Hymns