Ever since our southwest road trip a few months ago, the husband and I have been desperately craving spicy fish tacos... so we decided to try making them on our own for dinner.
And let me tell you, they were delicious!
Read on for the details...
So here's what you'll need:
- Corn tortillas... I'm going to be strict and say no substitutions.... the wheat ones just aren't the same.
- Two pieces of white fish... we used telapia. Season with generous amounts of chile powder. Bake in an oiled dish at 425 degrees until cooked (approx 15 mins depending on size of the fish)
- For the avocado salsa: combine one avocado (diced), some sliced onion, a handful of fresh cilantro, and season with freshly squeezed lime juice and salt.
- Then arrange your toppings... grated cheese, chopped tomato, chile peppers, sour cream... whatever you want!
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and warm them up in the oven
- When you're all ready, arrange some fish & toppings on a corn tortilla, roll 'em up and enjoy!!
... just like being back in New Mexico!