I thought I'd share my recipe for the delicious sour cream blueberry muffins I made for brunch this weekend. I hadn't planned on posting about them, so I didn't take proper photos... but I'm posting it anyway because they really were that good : )
read on for the recipe...
Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins
2 cups + 1 Tbs all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen (unthawed) blueberries
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp coarse salt
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
grated zest of 1 lemon, finely minced
1/2 cup sour cream
Coarse sugar for sprinkling on top of muffins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- In a stand mixer (with paddle attachment) beat the butter, sugar and salt on med-high speed until light & fluffy (3-4minutes). Add the eggs one at a time, then beat in the vanilla and lemon zest.
- Set the mixer to low speed, add in dry ingredients until just combined. Then add in the sour cream and again mix until just combined.
- Toss the blueberries in 1 Tbs of flour, then gently fold them into the batter using a rubber spatula. Te dough will be dense, but don't worry the muffins will be light & fluffy.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle tops with coarse sugar.
- Bake at 375, turning once, until an inserted cake tester comes out clean, approx 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely in the pan.
*Recipe adapted from The Sono Baking Company Cookbook, by John Barricelli